Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September 3rd Email

Hi

I don't know why they call this state the Sunshine State because it rains more than it is sunny. Last Saturday, we were on bikes about 5 miles from home, we were caught in a terrible storm. Everything was drenched from head to toe. It was hard to get our clothes off because we were so wet. The wind was really bad as well, but I didn't fall off the bike once. I do not have a rain jacket and neither one of us had an umbrella, but what good would an umbrella be on a bike?

The biking is coming a lot better. I actually look forward to riding it. My companion has been great about it and hasn't let me quit. I owe her a lot. I ran over some type of dead animal last week that made me sick. My companion took pictures and I am sure that Dad, Todd, Ryan and Scott will find them interesting.
Last week we taught a man and we had him write down 10 things he liked about himself. One thing he said was that he wanted to be a ninja. A ninja, he told us, is someone that is good at something. He said that we were faith ninja's. He told me I could become a bike ninja. This is my new goal in life: To become a bike ninja!!!!!

I will be sending home some pictures soon. I have them on a cd, I just need to send them home. A lady down here called mom this last week. I am hoping that she can find it on my old cell phone. Investigators are asking about different church items all the time. There is no Desert or Seagull book here. So I tell them I will write home and see if anyone can help. Now is the real test to see if you really read my emails.

We have another baptism this weekend. It is a great lady and she is so excited. She told us two weeks ago that she couldn't wait to join the true church. We are overjoyed with her!

Well we are off to another busy week. We will be able to do alot of tracting this week because our teaching pool is dwindling with every baptism. Say hello to Grandma for me. Tell her that I am eating well. We don't do dinner appointments here because we need to be working during dinner hours. But I am trying to use my money wisely and I eat alot when we do get feed. We can have dinner appointments if it is with an investigator. I love you all and miss you a ton. Please pray that we will find people to teach!

Love
Sister Comte

2 comments:

michele said...

Oh Sister Comte, you are so cool! I wonder why it has been so rainy there! It has been rainy here in Georgia but we have also had many sunny days.

You can totally be a bike ninja!!! How exciting. That investigator is really cool. Is he single? Ha ha, just kidding. I want to be a faith ninja like you and your companion.

Well, I know you may not read this but I wanted to post my thoughts right after I read the letter while they were still fresh. I have a letter waiting to be sent to you but for some reason I just can't get a hold of your address!!

Anywho, I love you, bye!

P.S. you ran over a DEAD ANIMAL???!?! In the daylight? oh, dear. I would like to see a picture of that.

merrilykaroly said...

Will Jody get these comments somehow?

I thought the ninja part was cool too. I want to be a ninja mom. I mean what kid could possibly be embarrassed to have a mom THAT cool??