Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 17th Email

Dear Family and Friends,

I am sorry about not writing last week, but all was crazy. We went to a member’s house. She had made us lunch and brownies. We had set the appointment and didn’t want to be late. So I didn’t get to my big email for all. I hope no one felt left out. Last Monday I didn’t write because Elder Zwick of the Seventy came to talk to our mission. It was an amazing meeting. The spirit was so strong. One of my favorite things that Elder Zwick talked about was the question Do you know Jesus? I think we should all ponder this question and try to live our lives so that we can be worthy to know Him.

The last couple of weeks have been absolutely crazy. But the payback is great. A recent convert is fixing us dinner tonight: T-Bone Steaks and Baked potatoes. I am so excited. The recent converts name is Ron Sartori. His wife’s name is Melissa and they have a four year old son named Ronnie! They are the greatest family. Ron was baptized on the seventh of February. He arrived early to his baptismal service. As we walked down the hall with Ron and Melissa, Ronnie ran out in front of them. My companion and I were behind them. Ron looked at Melissa and said “In a year, Ronnie will be ours forever.” I almost started crying. What a joy the gospel is!!! This is much better payback then steaks!

The area in which I am now serving is really big. It is huge. To get from one end to the other it would take about an hour and a half! With limited miles we really have to plan where we will be going each day. Yesterday, my companion and I had an impression to go out farther than normal to work and do some visits with less active members. The ward I am in has only been established for about 7 months, so we are trying to tell everyone about the change. We have a map with most of our members pinned out on it. We saw a name on the map and decided we should try and see them. When we knock on the door the person we wanted didn’t answer the door, but her sister did. Her sister is a member but is not on our wards records. We talked for a long time with this lady. We found out that on Friday they are being evicted and will be living in a van. So today we are going to help them move and we got a hold of people in the ward that can help. You can’t tell me that we were not lead to this sisters. If we would have gone and visited them in two days they would have been gone! The Lord is always mindful of us!!

On Sunday we went and visited a mother and a daughter that are members. We didn’t know them very well so we decided we would get to know them better. They have the coolest little house. They have a pond on their back patio. They are big fish and a couple of turtles in the pond. It seemed like a really relaxing place to be because there was tons of greenery around. The doors that lead into the house are one big sliding door, so you can open it and walk in and out of the house at your pleasure. The mom and daughter have traveled the world and have decorated the house in stuff that they have collected. The daughter always buys a doll from the country they are visiting. She has a really neat collection.

I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week! In my reading this week I read 1 Nephi 21:16! The Lord can’t forget us because we are in graven upon His hands. I know that the Lord loves us, no matter where we are or what we are doing! He wants us all to come closer to Him. His hand is outstretched if we will but reach for it! I am so thankful for this gospel!

Love

Sister Comte

No comments: