Sunday, August 25, 2013

I'm A BIg Kid Now

The night before graduation, I received a call for an interview for a Kindergarten position at Elk Meadows Elementary.  I couldn't even remember applying for this job.  The next Monday I meet with the principal and the two Kindergarten teachers at the school.  And two and a half weeks after that I received another call to tell me the job was mine.  For every teacher job there is, there are about 250 applicants.  So just to get a call is awesome but to get the job is miraculous.  As soon as I got off the phone with my new principal I called my mom.  I told her that I needed her help because I wanted to learn how to be the greatest Kindergarten teacher in the world (not to surpass her though).  She couldn't understand me because I was crying.  She thought I didn't get the job because of all the tears.  But she started crying to when she could understand.
So there you have it folks!  I am the newest teacher at Elk Meadows Elementary in South Jordan.  To describe my feelings I would say; EXCITED, happy, nervous, anxious, overwhelmed, supported, BLESSED, and loved.  I started last Wednesday.  Tomorrow I start testing all 50 of my students and on September 4th, I start to teach.  Every morning I wink at myself in the mirror and say "Those students of mine are so lucky!"  Soon to come are pictures of my room (if I ever get it looking like I want to) and pictures of me on the First Day, well actually second day since I have already been to Kindergarten, of school!

No comments: