Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Embarrassing but True

This is really embarrassing for me to say, but when I was little I never learned to ride a bike. Most missionaries ride bikes. So when my mission president said that I needed to buy a bike, I decided I better learn. It has taken awhile for me to get out there, but I rode for the first time by myself last night. I have taken a few falls and still can't steer very well. As you can tell in the video the neighbor kids were right beside me the whole time. One of them was right in front of me in probably not the safest place. Thanks to all the neighbors that have been so supportive and especially my family and the Barnums. It has been a lot of fun with tons of laughter!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jody! I hope you didn't break anything, especially your pride. Good luck and we know you'll get it~ Love ya much

michele said...

Oh my gosh Jody that looks like it hurt really bad!!! are you ok??

Sami Dara said...

hahahaha!!! can't wait to ride bikes with you tonight! and congrats on conquering the bike.

All the good... said...

My pride was hurt worst of all but I am really sore today! It makes it worse that my neighbor caught it on tape!! Thanks Cruz!