Tuesday, November 4, 2008

November 3rd Email

Hello to all!

I can't believe that it is already November. This week has been stressful but I have learned alot! My new companions name is Sister Harash. She is amazing! I think that we will get alot of work done and have fun while doing it. It is hard to do the work now because it gets dark at 6:00. I thought they only had day light savings in Utah, but they have it here as well.

It has turned cold here in Florida or I have become even more of a wimp. I pulled out my sweaters and jackets this week. We had a trunk or treat with our ward and it was freezing. We went out and bought tons of glow sticks and decked out in them for our costumes. It was alot of fun. Surprisingly we didn't get alot of candy. The costumes were great and it was fun to see everyone there!

We had another baptism this week. The ladies name is Janice Ridgeway. Her husband has been a member all his life but has been inactive for sometime. They have actually been working with the Ridgeways for about 4 years now. She was so happy to be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. You couldn't have whipped the smile off of her face the last two days. It was wonderful to see. I basically planned the whole baptism because my companion is so new to this area. It was very stressful but I thought it went well.

On Halloween night we went to a members house in the Port Charlotte ward. The young couple that invited us over, the Lamb's, are the son and daughter-in-law of the Lambs that are in the North Port ward. They fed us and then let us pass out candy. While passing out candy we threw in some pass-along cards into some children's bag. We were really happy with ourselves. Some other relative of the couples who was not a member asked me what my costume was. I told him that we were missionaries. He slapped me on the back and said "Nice one." It was really funny. Everyone thought we were dressed up for Halloween, when we really weren't.

Well, on to another week! All will go well this week and we go out and do the Father's work! I know that this church is true and that we will all be greatly blessed if we do what he wants us to do! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Love
Sister Comte

No comments: