Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November 17th Email

Hello to all,

This week has gone by really fast. I can't believe it is Monday again. It is hard to imagine that it is November because most days it is 90 degrees outside. The leaves are still green and they will not be changing. Today though it is really cold. People have told us that it is going to be a cold week.

We have done alot of moving this week. Everyone seems to be moving. It is hard to see the good people of our ward leaving but I wish them all the best. I saw my first cockroach as I was packing a box this week. It ran across both of my arms. I didn't know what it was at first, I could only feel it. I screamed when I saw how big it was. I never want to see one of those again but unfortunatly I will here in Florida!

On Sundays we usually visit the members of our ward. Next Sunday is a special Sunday where members are asked to invite their non-member friends to church. It is a great opportunity to come and see what we are all about. So yesterday we went and encouraged people to invite their friends. I really love the ward here in North Port and my love grew for them yesterday. We decided to eat before we left because we didn't think anyone would feed us. The first house we went to, the lady had fixed a big meal. She dished up our plates. We were already full from what we had eaten about an hour before, that I didn't know how I would stomach all the food that was before me. My companion let me dish some onto her plate when the lady wasn't looking. It was really spicy stuff but I ate as much as I could. After the dinner, the lady gave me a BIG helping of Key Lime Pie. Then we went to the next house. They had set a place for us at their dinner table as well. I was already full to the brim but didn't want to hurt this families feelings. So I had a bowl of soup and a breadstick. The family gave us a loaf of bread. Thank goodness she didn't make us eat the bread right away because I was so sick from eating all the food we had been given. When we walked into the next house, I wanted to cry because I could smell food. But they didn't feed us. I am still full of all the food I ate yesterday.

We are onto another week. I don't know where the month of September, October and half of November has gone. My mission is going by so fast. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love
Sister Comte

P.S Next Monday I will not be emailing, but on Tuesday I will email because of the holiday! Thanks! GO BYU!!!

1 comment:

merrilykaroly said...

EEEEW cockroaches!! I am so sorry. I'm sure they are very big there! Blech.

My dad had similar experiences on his mission of having to keep eating from house to house without letting the people know he was full! You're such a trooper! Way to go :)