Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January 20th Email

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been another exciting week here in Florida. It was transfers week. I can’t believe that another 6 weeks has gone by. I thought I would be staying in Seminole. We had all made our guesses of where all the sisters would go and who they would be with. None of us were right though. I am now in Lakewood Ranch, which is in Sarasota. I am with Sister Stewart. She is from Idaho. She has two older brothers and one younger brother. Her younger brother is on a mission in Anaheim, CA. Sounds familiar doesn’t it? I think we will have a good time together.

We were supposed to have a baptism this weekend. On Sunday night the man that was to be baptized told his sister that he was only doing it for her. We were really disappointed but we knew that he had a testimony. When we met with him on Tuesday, he said he didn’t want to be baptized. He was progressing so nicely. He never really gave us a reason why he didn’t want to be baptized. We didn’t have to tell him the consequences of his decision; his sister did that part. She told him that he would be in spirit prison for a long time because he knew so much. She told him he better plead for someone to baptize him here when he is gone. I thought it was a little harsh but it is the truth. It broke our hearts.

Saturday was a long and wonderful day. To start the day off we had a meeting with the ward mission leader. His father-in-law owns part of the company named Mona-Vie. Mona-Vie is a drink that is supposed to cure all your health problems. I tasted some and thought it was the nasty stuff. I wouldn’t drink it if I was dying. Anyways, we had the meeting at his in-laws house. I felt underdressed as we went into their huge mansion. I have never been in anything near the size of that house. They had made us pancakes for breakfast. It was a really nice meeting.

After that we went with a less active family to the flea market. Tracting has not been working so we thought we would try a different approach while at the same time do some fellowshipping. We did get a lot of contacts, nothing promising but at least we got the word out. Some lady reached out and touched my tag and said very loudly “I LOVE JESUS!!!” I told her I did as well.

We also found out, on Saturday, about transfers. I wasn’t expecting what I heard. My companion and some of the other sisters had a hard time with the news. But I decided that I wanted to do what my Savior wants me to do. Some were upset because what they had asked President Colton to do was not what happened. I have decided that I will never ask for what I want because I want to do what the Lord wants me to do.

I also heard some of the best news from my beloved family. Saturday evening the president’s wife, Sister Colton called me. She said “Congratulations, Sister Comte.” I thought I had won something. She told me that Marley had been born. I was elated. I was so excited for Ryan and Sam. I looked at the pictures when we were making picture c.d’s this morning. But now that I am transferred I can’t look at attachments, so I will wait for more pictures that will hopefully come in the mail. Congratulations to Ryan and Sam. She is beautiful and looks like both of you. Sam, I am glad you were courageous.

Last night we went to say goodbye to a few people before I left. We went and saw the James family. Mia James was baptized a few weeks ago. A year ago her father was baptized and her mother has been a member all her life. They have two smaller children that are younger than Mia that I adore. Mia made sure that her mother bought me a card. There whole family had signed it. It was a wonderful card. They asked me to stay in contact with them. In the card was a picture of their family. I was so thankful for the picture. Mia had used cute scissors to cute around the outside. As I was leaving the father, Antoine, told his wife to give me a picture of the kids. She said that Mia had already given me one. As we got into the car to leave Mia came running out with something for us. It was a picture of her and her little sister. They had taken it right off the wall and insisted that I take it. I was so touched!! I love that little family. They don’t have much in material things but their love is wonderful!!!

Well, another week has already begun. It is really cold here now. I hope I can survive. I love you all and am thankful for each one of you! Have a great week!!

Love
Sister Comte

No comments: