Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January 5th Email

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been a good year and there is so much to look forward to in the year of 2009!!! Mom, I don’t want you to be alarmed, but I cut my hair this weekend. My companion is a hair dresser. I decided to try something new and put highlights in my hair. They are light brown. Pictures are attached. I hope they come through. I would have sent more but this computer is being really, really slow. I like them. I think it gives my face more dimension. Mom, don’t be upset. I won’t keep them in my hair forever.

On New Year’s Eve we went and watched the last sunset of the year. There were too many clouds and it wasn’t very good. We came home and we were both exhausted from the long day we had had. I had a personal countdown at 10:00 because my companion was asleep. I was asleep by 10:15. We didn’t even open our sparkling grape juice.
We went to a lady’s house on Thursday and picked grapefruit at a members. The grapefruit is amazing. I really have enjoyed them. They smell so good. We also went to a party with one of our investigators. It was a Polynesian Party. There was tons of food. We didn’t stay for the dancing because our investigator was leaving. We then went and visited with some other members of the ward that are less active. So all in all it was a good first day of the year.

We have been doing a lot of finding. We have decided to start teaching one principle at the doors we knock on. I love doing this. The people that we talk to can’t feel the spirit unless we open our months and testify. By doing this we are starting to teach a lot. People are really busy with the holidays but maybe know that they are over will want to come to the church and learn more.

I love you all!!! Sorry this is short but not much has happened this week. Maybe this week will be a little more exciting. I love this work. I know that my Savior lives. I don’t have to die for this religion but I do have to live for it. I hope all of us can set some good New Year’s resolutions and keep them!!

Love
Sister Comte







No comments: