Monday, April 27, 2009

April 27th Email

Dear Family and Friends,

Sorry about not writing last week. I ran out of time. Life is so busy when you are giving it all to the Lord. I am sorry for not writing more faithfully. This week has been another busy one. It is nice to have three sisters now. We all have different skills and abilities and we can get alot more done with all of our heads combined.

Last Monday we had a wonderful lesson with a man named Harold. Harold has been investigating since December. He is very shy and doesn't like crowds so church is hard for him. His wife is a member but has been very inactive. We taught him last week the ten commandments. Our fellowshipper made a really good point about bearing false witness. He said "Be loyal to the absent." I think this is one we can all work at and it will bless our lives and the communities in which we live in. I said the closing pray and prayed that Harold would know the truth for himself. After the prayer he looked at me and said "I already know it is true." I wanted to shout with joy but smiled widely instead. No it is only a matter of time before he makes sacred covenants with God!!!

This Saturday was a day of service for the South East states. Our ward took part in cleaning up a park. I wasn't feeling too well, nothing to worry about just an upset stomach from something I had eaten, so I stayed back with a lady from the North Port ward that was there for another project. We sat and talked for most of it but what do you know, I ended up on the playground making sure the kids didn't get hurt. I also pushed around the bishop's daughter in her stroller. She is so cute!! I couldn't believe the work that the wards did that were there. It was amazing to see the clean up job. It really brought the wards together because we served together! It was a wonderful opportunity!

On Sunday we had a "Why I believe" fireside. Our bishop wanted us to do it. We had some recent converts and the bishop speak about their conversion stories. It was really neat and the spirit was really strong! It was awesome for Sister Stewart and I to see Dave Deyoe, our recent convert stand up and bear his testimony. Both of us were crying by the end! He talked about how we had become a part of their family. He also talked about how he knew they had come to Florida to find the gospel! It was great and made me think about why I believed the gospel was true. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life. It has blessed me in so many ways. I know that through the gospel of Jesus Christ and the restoration of the priesthood I will be will my love ones forever!! I love you all!!! The Church is True!!!

Love
Sister Comte

No comments: