Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 10th Email

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been a great week. The only bad part was finding out that I had bed bugs. I have been getting weird bits and on my legs, back and everywhere. We were wondering how I was getting them and someone said that it might be bed bugs. So we went to the store and bought some bug bed spray killer. We sprayed in on and then let it dry all day. We then vacuumed the bed and the most disgusting thing happened. Bugs started crawling out. EWWWWW!!!! I immediately called the office elders and told them that I needed a new bed. They brought me a beautiful mattress the next day!!!! It is a wonderful bed!! This is a caution: Bed bugs do exist and they hurt. Be careful with your mattress!!

This week we had a new investigator at church. It was really exciting. He loved it and I know that he felt the spirit, even though he probably didn’t understand what was being said. Sunday School was combined because it was Ward Conference. Class was on the Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood. I pray that he wasn’t scared. This ward is wonderful and was so welcoming to him. We didn’t have to worry about him getting to class or sitting by himself because someone from the ward was always right beside him.

We also taught a little family this week. Sister Gleason and her oldest son, Chris are members. But her younger children who are 11 and 12, Katie and Michael are not members. Sister Gleason hardly ever comes to church. But I know that as she feels the spirit she will rearrange her priorities and come to church. We had a wonderful discussion with their whole family. The spirit was so strong.

I know that this church is true. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. He knows our righteous desires. He wants to bless us but we have to be obedient first. He loves us and He will always be there for us!!

Love
Sister Comte

No comments: