Tuesday, November 10, 2009

November 9th Email

Dear Family and Friends,

I am so excited because I am going to get to train a new missionary. Tomorrow is transfers and I have been called as a trainer. I am nervous but excited at the same time. I know that through the strength of my Heavenly Father I can do all things. I have faith that we will have a great time together.

The work is moving slowly but I have a feeling it is about to explode. We have alot of potential. Alot of our members have people we could potentially work with. We are still praying for Tatiana. She is one of our members friend. She is 16 and very eager to learn. Her parents have finally given their consent to her being taught but she doesn't have alot of time. It is really hard to meet with her but we pray that we can start actively teaching her this week.

For our Zone and District meeting we listen to a really good talk. I can't remember the name of the talk but it is by S. Michael Wilcox. He is talking about C.S Lewis and his stories. They talk about one story that I just loved. He talked about a young man who goes into a dragons cave and falls asleep. He wakes after awhile and finds that he had turned into a dragon. S. Michael Wilcox talks about how if we sit in a dragon's cave, do dragon things, and think dragon thoughts then we will turn into a dragon. And like wise, if we sit in a Godly cave, doing Godly things, thinking Godly thoughts then we will be like God.

I finished the BOM this week. I loved it. I encourage all of you to pick the Book of Mormon up and start reading it. It has definantly changed me. All the answers to the questions of life can be found in that book. We are so privileged to have that book. Most churches only have the Bible but we have a second witness of our Savior. We are so greatly blessed.

I love you all. I know that church is true. I absolutly love being on a mission. It is a great blessing in my life. I know that the Gospel is true. It is the same church that Jesus himself established when He was here upon the earth.

Love Sister Comte

No comments: