Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Role Model

There are so many people that I adore and admire so much in my life. i have been greatly blessed to know so many amazing people in my life. I love watching these people just being themselves without thinking twice about what they are doing. I don't know if some of these people even know the full impact they have on others. But I want all of them to know that they are influencing lives and making them better, especially mine.
Last night I watched one of these stupendous persons. I watched as he, out of sincere desire, ran a BYU booth. ( BYU lets wards and other groups come in and run their concessions stands for a cut of the money they earn) Now you must know some background on this kid. That is right, I said kid. At the mere age of 22 he has been put into a lot of situations with a lot of responsibility. But he always does it in style. I watched as this young man ran back and forth, in a very tight space, to get hot dogs, soda, popcorn, and cooked pretzels as I yelled to him what I needed. I saw him make sure everyone else was having a good time. He also made sure that no one was overly burdened. The lines didn't stop all night, we were super busy the whole time. But this role model of mine never once stopped smiling. And after it was all done, I watched him clean everything, count everything, and then clean again. All the while a smile on his face. What a trooper that boy is! He is my role model! What a loyal, undeviating, happy servant of the Lord. And oh how proud I am to say that this role model of mine is none other than my brother, Scott. Thanks buddy for all the many examples you set for me last night. I will always look up to you and that isn't because you are taller than me!
(P.S. I stole this picture off of Facebook. I hope that's ok!)

3 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

What a crazy night! I bet it made everyones day that he kept on smiling even though I am sure he was stressed out or tired! What a great role model!

Lyle Comte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I wish I had a blog where I could make known to all how great of a sister I have. A women dedicated to the Lord is hard to find. Someone who stands for what's right in the toughest situations. A princess of considerable amount that is so humble in the fact that she can't see her shine right in from of her. This hero, this example of light and truth is one of the biggest reasons I am who I am this day. These aptitudes, characteristics, even christlike attitudes are hard to come by. Luckily, blessedly I have such a women in my life in the form of this crazy excited, hard working, selfless sister named Jody. May this stand as a testimony of the love I have for my sister.