Sunday, February 6, 2011

THANK YOU

I don't need material things. I don't need money. I don't even need you to take me to do something fun. All I need is a sincere thank you. That's all! From the heart, down deep, genuine thank you and I will do just about anything for you.

Example #1: A family from my mission came to town this week. They were moving one of their daughters back to Florida. They had no one to help them. But as soon as they came into town they called me and of course I was there as soon as I could go. It was cold, I mean bitter cold, while we were packing the U-Haul. There were probably a million other things that I should have been doing. But I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. Hugs were exchanged and a few tears were shed at the end of the day. And a million THANK YOU'S!!!!
My Florida Family (one of many). I love how their dog posed as well!

Example #2: My cousin hurt his knee really badly last weekend. They didn't know how bad it was until Wednesday. The doctors decided that he needed to have surgery on Thursday because it was so bad. Him and his wife live in Pleasant Grove and have four children. They called me Wednesday night and asked if there was any possibility of me coming to take care of the kids. I rearranged my schedule and was on my way by noon on Thursday. I hadn't spent much time with his family since my mission, so I was excited to go and see them. Once again, there was a lot of other things I could have been doing. But I am so glad that I was there. I was reminded of why I love children so much. I laughed and laughed till it hurt. I relaxed from the stress of life with some of the greatest children! I loved every minute of the day with these children. When my cousin and his wife finally got home, they didn't know how they could pay me. But all their THANK YOU'S where plenty of payment for me!
My cousins youngest! This was taken at my missionary farewell. These girls are older now but still really cute!

Example #3: My brother, Ryan, is a stay at home dad now. On Friday mornings he has class from 9-1 and he can't take Marley (his little girl) with him. He has asked around to see if anyone could do it but hasn't had much success. So he asked me. Friday's I don't have school but I do work. But I have moved my work schedule around and have disciplined myself with homework. Friday morning, as soon as I am done with work, I drive up to take care of Marley. We have so much fun together. She is so cute and I love her hugs and kisses! She is such a sweetheart. It is hard some weeks to give up this time but I wouldn't trade it for all the world. I feel so appreciated and it makes all my worries about school go away when Ryan and is wife, Sam, say THANK YOU to me!
Ryan, Sam and Marley

I am so grateful for my life! I have a great family and great friends that are family to me. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve others. I love to help out. It is kind of selfish of me but I serve because I know that blessings will come to me for helping others. And they have. I pray for more of these experiences, where I have to give of my time and love, so that my life will be blessed.

So now I want to say THANK YOU to those that have let me serve them.
To my Florida family: I love you so much! It was so fun to see you. Your family hold a special part of my heart. I will be forever grateful for your examples, for your friendship, and your love! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

To my wonderful cousin, his amazing wife, and your beautiful children: You have shown me this week what true strength and faith is. Your quiet acts of kindness have made me believe in love again. I have loved being in your home. It has changed a part of me. THANK YOU for letting me be a part of your lives!

To my awesome brother and his beautiful wife: I love you both! Life is hard, but you have shown me that you can work through anything. I love being with you and always having fun. I am grateful that you would let me take care of Marley. It is a great time for me to get to laugh with that cute little girl! THANK YOU so much!

2 comments:

Sami Dara said...

Thank you again and again for helping us out with Marley! We really appreciate it and you! :)

The Holdaway Family said...

THANK YOU for having such a wonderful and uplifting blog. I know when I come to read your blog I will have a better day because of it!