Monday, December 8, 2008

December 8th Email

Hi

Christmastime is here! Even though it is 80 degrees outside and there is no snow, we still can put up our tree and remember our Saviors birth. I am really excited to be here during Christmas. It is such a different experience to be here rather than in Utah.

Alot has happened since I last emailed. The biggest thing is that I am getting transfered. I am going to a place called Seminole. It is near Clearwater which can be found on a map of Florida pretty easily. It is on the little penisula off of Florida. I will be serving with Sister Anderton. I am really excited but sad to leave North Port. I have grown so close to some of the people here and it is hard to say good-bye.

This last week, my companion and I and the Port Charlotte sisters decided to go caroling. We first started out at the mall. But decided that singing to all the people on smoke break was not ideal. Also they had really loud music blarring from the speakers above us. So we went to Wal-Mart. When we got there we saw a family that we know. They are not members but the dad helps alot with scouts and they love the missionaries. The mom has Parkinsons disease. They were just leaving the store. The mom stayed at the front while the dad, the daughter and the granddaughter got into the car. As we started to sing we saw this dear lady singing along with us. She was so excited to hear us. When the dad finally pulled up with the car, I tried to help get her into the car. It took us probably 10 minutes to get her in. It was sad to see them struggle but great to see the love that was shared in those moments. It was also neat to see how peoples entire continence changed as they heard us singing. It was alot of fun and the spirit was really strong!

On Thursday night we found out about transfers. We normally don't find out until Saturday morning but my companion got information from someone. So on Friday I decided I better ride the bike for one of the last times. Seminole is an all car area. We rode out to one of our appointments and then decided we would ride to a less active families home. We thought that there home was much closer and soon rode about 3 miles just to get to their house. It was crazy. I thought my little legs would fall off. By the time we had biked home we had biked at least 12 miles. I was so tired after that. But I was really proud of my self that I didn't fall once. I have come along ways since my first time on a bike!!!

Our ward Christmas Party was this weekend. We had alot of fun. Santa came and we all asked him for a call home for Christmas. They had asked different families to set up different tables for the dinner. It was neat to see how the tables were decorated so differently! The four sisters that are down here sang a rendition of the Twelve Days of Christmas. I will send it later as an attachment! It was alot of fun. The food was amazing, even though as a missionary you don't get much time to eat because you are to busy talking to everyone. You know me though I would rather be talking than eating! We had alot of inactives and non-members there so it was really good! We thought that there would be plenty of leftovers but there wasn't. That is always a good sign.

I loved the Christmas devotional yesterday. The messages were truly inspired. I am glad I got to see it. The decorations were beautiful! I want to wish you all a very merry holiday season. I love you all!

Love
Sister Comte

No comments: