Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tears


It has been a difficult couple of weeks. A lot of change has occurred. All good changes but hard to make all the same. When I woke up this morning I was overfilled with gratitude. I just can't believe how much I have been blessed. I don't know how I deserved these blessings but I am thankful for them. Many tears have been shed lately but today the tears were because of gratitude.
I feel like a rope that has been braided in a certain way. Lately I feel that that braided rope has gotten tighter and tighter. The tighter it got the more organized I felt my life was. But now that rope is so tight, and I was somewhat comfortable with life, that it has quickly started to unravel. I felt the other night that my life was spinning out of control. After praying it hit me, Heavenly Father is braiding me in a different way now. My life isn't spinning out of control because He is in control. I am learning and growing so much. I am learning, slowly but surely, to submit to His will. The less I try and control things the easier it is for Him to mold me. I am becoming more like the Savior. Yes, there has been hard tears to cry (and really good ones too.) But if I look at the overarching picture I see that I haven't been unraveling but rather blossoming.
(P.S As I was writing this post, I went looking on the internet for pictures of ropes unraveling. I found this picture on a blog with a post entitled "Unraveling Rope or Blossoming Tree." I thought it was so appropriate! The link to the original blog with these pictures is
http://www.alligatorboogaloo.com/mengshui/?p=140. One of the comments on this blog says "... or a rooting tree." How beautiful!)

1 comment:

Mish said...

Love those blossoming rope pictures, love you.