Friday, April 27, 2012

Disappointments

Sometimes life doesn't go as planned.  Sometimes life gives us tears when we expected smiles.  Sometimes life is hard.  Sometimes our hearts hurt.  And then is the time that we realize once again that Heavenly Father is in control.  We remember that He knows the bigger picture.  We see and feel His love all around us.  And, even though the pain is still there, we somehow move forward with Him holding our hand!
After I posted this, I went back through and read old posts and the many wonderful comments people have posted on here.  This week has been hard.  I have felt so under appreciated and unloved.  And I know that these feelings come mostly from myself.  But as I went back through and read posts and comments, I remembered the love that is all around me.  I cried as I was so deeply touched by those that are in my life and the blessings the Lord has given me.  Yes, my life hasn't gone the way I thought it would.  It has been 100 times better!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jody
You have such good insights. I am grateful that you share them with others.
We are truly blessed to have the gospel in our lives. It is worth the price we have to pay to really LIVE it. I think of our dear Savior and all he had to bear in spite of the reality of being the one pure person on earth. He did what he did because he loved us dearly and wanted us to be successful. YOU are truly a successful person in some things and are becoming even more successful in others. Keep your head up and push through the challenges! He is always near and will provide the strength we need. Believe in WHO you are and the power within you! YOU are an amazing daughter of God with much to give with no thought of return. He did it and you can do it also.
I also love you dearly!

merrilykaroly said...

Jody! I just looked at your past few posts and realized I haven't been commenting lately but I wanted you to know I do follow your blog and read it often! I love your positivity and your strength (your blog is called All the Good, after all), but you also deserve to be able to write about your frustrations and get them out of your head and onto your blog.

Just want you to know that you are one of those people who inspire me. One of my favorite things about you (besides your ubiquitous, catchy smile) is your love for children. When my kids and I spent just a few hours hanging out with you, you immediately showed your love for them and I could just FEEL it! That is such a gift, Jody, one that many people don't have.

I wish we could see you more often. I remember the first time I ever got to know you. Fun times so long ago! I love your family and I love you! Keep smiling!