Monday, August 13, 2012

An EPIC journey

I took an epic journey this summer.  It was one of the very best I have ever been on.  I gained many new friends, tasted new treats, learn new words, learned how to be brave, and learned that the power of love is the most powerful thing we have.  I never wanted to take this journey, thinking it was too dark and scary.  But with the help of some really great friends I made it.  This is not to say their were times I was angry.  Times were I cried and thought life was so unjust.  Times when I just didn't understand.  Times when I didn't know if I could carry on. But I did!  I finished my journey better than I started.  I am so glad I took this journey and in the end I understood it all! 
You ask who these friends were?  What were these special treats I ate?  Where was I?  What made me angry, sad, happy?  Well, let me list the friends that were involved: Marie, who started it all; Harry Potter, he taught me to do what is right not what is easy; Hermione Granger, who taught me to always read; Ron Weasley, who always let me come over to the Burrow; The Weasley Family, who made me laugh and cry, who held my hand when I was scared, and Mrs. Weasley, who always knew where everyone was;  Sirius Black; Remus and Tonks; Luna; Neville; Dumbledore; and Snape, who taught me to not judge people for you never know their motives.  The special treats I ate were Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Bean.  We can thank Marie for the vomit flavor I got to taste!  While on my journey I visited Hogwarts, Privet Drive, the Burrow, Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley, and Weasley Wizard Wheezes.  I even got to go to a few Quidditch Games.  I was mad, happy, and sad as my friends gave their all to defeat the Dark Lord.
I can't believe I didn't take this journey sooner.  This summer was my first time venturing into Potter Land and know I understand why people love it so much!  I thought the books were great.  I have loved the movies as well!  Thank you Marie for inviting me to ride the Hogwart's Express and experience one of my favorite journeys I have taken!  I have become a Harry Potter nerd!
  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post. Not just because it was all about Harry Potter, which I love, but because you told your love for the books in a very creative way. Love it!