Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summer Time: A Special Treat!

Summer has been great!  I know it isn't over but I wanted to stop and reflect on the good that has come so far.  In particular I wanted to write about one special day that changed my perspective on life.  Oh, the joy that children can bring.  They teach me so much!  A couple of weeks ago I had the privilege to watch five beautiful children for a day.  These children hold a special place in my heart.  And so does the family that they belong to.  I am so happy that the family is willing to share them with me.  The circumstances were unique and the timing was perfect (the stress of life was getting to me and I needed a day to relax).  These children reminded me to laugh through the hard times and be grateful for what you do have.  I was also given hope for the future that children can be raised in the ways that they should go.  They can be taught manners and how to be nice to one another.  These parents are letting their children use and create with their imaginations which is so nice to see.  I was so grateful for the hugs, the thank you's, the "I love you's, and the boogers that were wiped on me.  I was so happy to see these little minds work.  Thanks to the Rhoades family for letting me use their children as guinea pigs for Slime and Elephant Toothpaste.  And thanks goes out to the Rhoades children for letting me have one of the best days of my summer!     

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day. I'm sure the kids were privileged to have you with them too. I've seen the way you are with children. You are amazing!