Sunday, January 20, 2013

My BFF's Birthday!

I wanted to scan all the picture I have of Kirstee 
but can't figure out my scanner.  So this will have to do!
Yesterday as I drove my sweet little friends home from a big sleepover, Kirstee told me that she invited her best friend to her birthday party.  I said "You already told me about the girl across the street that has the same birthday as you."  She looked at me funny and said "You are my best friend Jody!"  I almost cried.  She is such a sweetheart.  As her friends arrived, they all knew me as Kirstee's best friend.
Kirstee is my cousins little girl.  Since she was little we have always been tight.  I remember her whispering secrets to me under the cover of her bed when she was 2 or 3 years old.  I remember her riding in my car since she was that little or even smaller.  I can still remember taking her out camping with all the Bowen family at the reunion.  And I can still see her smiling face at the bottom of the escalator when I got home from my mission.  I remember the tea parties at every photo shoot we went to.  I have pictures of her from a small baby to now. (By the way, your picture and Makadee's are the only pictures in my wallet right now!)  I remember donuts, cookies, cupcakes, and now junk food from her 10th birthday party.  I can't believe it's been 10 years because I swear that yesterday I remember holding her in my arms for the very first time. I am so glad that she calls me her best friend, because she is my best friend as well.  I love my Kirstee Mae more than words can say!  

No comments: