Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 13th Email

Dear Family and Friends,

I arrived safely in Valrico on Tuesday. It is beautiful here with tons of trees and nature. Some of our area is country and some is really residential. The country is beautiful and we went to a miniature farm on Saturday to lay sod. A lady in our ward, who just lost her husband, Sister Brozak, asked the Elders to come help and they told her the Sisters would love to help. It was hard work but it was a lot of fun to get dirty! Some of the elders in the neighboring areas came and helped us. It was fun to work hard together. Sister Brozak was so appreciative and said to love to hire the missionaries because she knew they would come with good attitudes! We loved it!

This week we went on splits with the sister in one of the Tampa Wards. I got to tract with one of our newest Sisters in the field. She is amazing. Anyways while we were tracting we knocked into a lady named Kasey. She said that they just moved here and maybe in awhile we could call them to set up a time to meet them. I wanted Sister Stewart to meet them so we went over there yesterday. Her Husband was home and her two year old daughter. They invited us in and it was a wonderful opportunity to bear our testimonies to them. They are really busy for the next couple of weeks but want us to come back in August! I am so excited for this little family. The husband is in the Air Force and I loved talking to them about all their adventures.

The ward here has never had sisters that they can remember. They are a newer ward though. They are so excited and everyone wanted to meet us yesterday! Everyone here is so talented and wants to share their talents with us! We met a member this week that is originally from England. She wants us to come over on a P-Day for a Tea Party! I am so excited for all the fun things we will do here in this area!!!

We visited a family who was going through a hard time but we didn’t know it. My companion read to them Heleman 10:5. The wife cried as we read it. It talks about doing the Lord’s will.
His will, will always make us happy! I pray everyday for the courage to accept His will because He has a bigger picture and He will lead me safely home!

I love the Lord and I will do whatever He asks of me!

Love
Sister Comte

No comments: