Tuesday, September 15, 2009

September 14th Email

Dear Family and Friends,

It has been a great week here in Florida. The Orlando temple is just right outside our mission bounderies, so we only get to go once on our missions and that is the day before we go home. But we can go if we taught someone on our mission and a year later they go through the temple for themselves. This means for sisters we have to teach someone in the first six months of our missions to be able to go to the temple with them. I had the wonderful priviledge to go with a lady, that got baptized a year ago when I was in NOrth Port, this weekend when she got her endowments out. It was so good. The spirit was strong as I saw this faithful women who is so strong in her testimony of the truth to recieve the blessings of the temple. I loved being in white and seeing some of the people I love in the Celestial Room. It was a beautiful experience. She kept saying "I don't understand it all, but I love it." She wants to go back as soon as possible.

Here in Florida it is a longer drive for the saints to get to a temple. Some sacrifice alot of money, time and effort to get to the temple. But those who are faithful don't think of it as a sacrifice. They love the temple. It has made me appreciate the temple more. I want all of you to evaluate you temple attendance and see what is holding you back from attending more.

The Gleason Family is doing well. They all came to church yesterday and then to a bishops youth fireside last night. They love church and were rivoted on the bishop as he spoke on obedience. They will be out of town for the next two Sundays and we will miss them. But they are ready for baptism and we will probably set dates with them this week! They are so awesome!

The Browns are doing well. We didn't get to see Brother Brown this week but we went over and had a wonderful discusion with his wife. We talked about fortifing her home and strengthening her weakest points in their home. As we were talking I thought about how in Alma in the war chapters it talks about how they put their strongest men at their weakest spots. Instead of ignoring our weaknesses we should work on them so that they can become strong. It is really hard to do, sometimes I wish I could just ignore them. But I need to remember to make them strong. God will help us in our fight to become perfect!

Well, I better go. I love you all and am working as hard as I can. Satan can try as hard as he wants to but God will always be triumphant. Keep holding on and never give in!

Love
Sister Comte

No comments: