Saturday, November 13, 2010

For Good

For those that don't know, I have become infatuated with the musical Wicked. I have heard of it in the past but have never really gotten into it. This last summer though, mom and I heard the music and fell in love. We were at music camp in Evanston. My aunt has run this camp for many years and when I was a young teenager my brothers and I went for many years. We went only for a few days this year to help my cousin Michele. Our neighbors went this year, so we wanted to see them perform as well. While we were there we heard many performances of songs from Wicked. I have been listening to the music ever since and am dying to go to New York to see it on Broadway. The cool thing is if I go to New York, not only can I go see Wicked but I would get to see one of my favorite cousins, Michele!!!!
This last week I have probably listened to the song For Good from Wicked ten times. It is my favorite I think. I have been thinking about all the people that have changed my life for good. I want to say thank you for all those that have left footprints on my heart. I would name you all if I could but one it would take up pages and pages of text and second, because I might forget someone and I would hate for that person to think they don't matter. I have been extremely blessed to be surrounded throughout my life by some of the most amazing people. THANK YOU all so much for all that have touched my life. It brings tears to my eyes to think of you. For all the smiles and all the tears I am ever grateful to you!
P.S I am so proud of myself for embedding this video into my blog!

2 comments:

michele said...

Yay, Jody! Please come visit me in New York! John's family was here this weekend and they got to see Wicked! It's totally worth the trip. We have a bed waiting for you!!

The Holdaway Family said...

I want to see Wicked so bad! I have hear nothing but rave reviews for it! Someday I will see it!