Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanksgiving 1

I want to write about some more things that I am thankful for. It is kind of late and normally I would be asleep by this time. But I went to the temple tonight with my ward and we were late. Now that I am home, I am not really tired. So I thought I would listen to Wicked and write on my blog. And since Thanksgiving is next week I will write about more things I am thankful for!

1. Music
As many of you know I love music. One of my favorite callings in the church was Music Chorister/ Choir director. I loved this calling. Church music brings a great spirit into any meeting or gathering. I love to sing in big groups, small groups and most of all in the shower. Not just church music but I am a lover of musicals. A couple years ago, my mom and I went to Les Miserables. I loved every minute of the show. My mood can be changed in an instant by music!

2. Homemade Bread
I will never forget my Grandmother's bread. It was so tasty. She would make it for me a lot when I went away to college. A piece of bread with strawberry jam is so comforting. A couple of weeks ago one of my really good friends made me homemade bread and strawberry jam. It was amazing! Then tonight after the temple we went to the first counselor in the bishopric's house. His wife made bread and hummus for us. She even sent us home with part of the loaf. I LOVE BREAD but only if it is homemade!

3. Children
I may not have any of my own but I have had the great privilege of having children surround me throughout my life. Whether at my mom's school, with my family, on my mission, or at my own school I love to have children around me. The keep me innocent, pure, happy, and tied to reality. I love children!

Marley and I

Ronnie, a little boy that always called me Mr. Comte on my mission!

Caitlyn, a little girl that I taught on my mission


My King!

4. Phones, Email, Facebook, Blog, Snail Mail
All these things help me to stay in contact with all the people that I love so much! I'm grateful to have these tools to help me keep up with those that make the most difference in my life!

5. My anteater!
While on my mission, my companions and I were trying to eliminate Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANT). We always were hoping that we could find a stuffed anteater to help us remember to get rid of the negative and think positively. The last day we were all together my companion found a stuffed animal anteater at the post office. It now sits on my desk and reminds me to be happy!

6. My Liahona
On my mission, a wonderful woman and her husband made me a Liahona. She made it out of a Christmas ornament. It is filled with scriptures on slips of paper. It is so cute and it reminds me of some of my favorite scriptures! When I am feeling lost or lonely or happy, any emotion actually, I just pull out my Liahona and read!

7. Trials
I was just thinking of some of my trials and what I have learned from them. I hope that I can learn from all of my trials. It is also a goal of mine to stop complaining about them so much and remember to find the silver lining in the dark clouds of life.





No comments: