Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tender Mercies of the Lord

When I decided to move to Provo, I really prayed and pondered about staying in the Payson ward or coming into a Provo ward. The Payson ward is wonderful. I love the bishop and his counselors so much! I know almost everyone in the ward and most of them are my really good friends. I loved my callings and felt needed in the ward. My answer when I prayed was to come into my Provo ward. I knew this was the right decision for me all along. I have learned throughout my life, that when I get comfortable something needs to change. I remember having a conversation with one of my companions and telling her I didn't feel comfortable in missionary work. She said that was good because once we start to feel comfortable we become lackadaisical. She mentioned that we weren't meant to be comfortable. Being comfortable means that we are not really progressing. So I knew that I needed to come to a Provo ward to experience new things. I knew it would be hard but that eventually I would like it here as well. It has been hard and I have been rethinking the decision lately. Mostly it is hard because I haven't put my foot forward and meet very many people. I know that I need to put myself out there but I am scared of being rejected. Anyways, today I got to church and was sitting by myself. The thought came across my mind to just leave after sacrament and not come back. But I was good and stayed because I go to church for the spirit not because of others. I was feeling so lonely but pushed myself to talk to people and meet a new person. All day the thought of going back to Payson has run through my mind. Tonight when I got home, there were two notes at my door. My ward started doing love notes today. I knew I wouldn't get any because I only now about two people. I was shocked to see those notes. The one was from an anonymous person but it was beautiful. The other was from one of my friends in the ward. Her name is Stacey. Stacey and I meet along time ago when I worked for the equipment room on campus. She was on the track team and I did her laundry. Stacey then became Sister Slight as we served together as missionaries. Sister Slight served in the Temple Square mission but for her time out of Salt Lake, she served in Tampa. We were in neighboring areas and got to see each other a few times! Now we are in the same ward. I am pretty sure we are suppose to be friends! She wrote me the other note. I cried as I read it. From this note I have decided to stay in this ward. It gave me encouragement to go on. Life is hard, but I can do hard things. The Lord wants me here and I am trying to learn as I go. Everyday He gives me tender mercies to let me know He is there. Tonight the tender mercy was found in two little love notes that mean the world to me!

1 comment:

The Holdaway Family said...

It is so hard to put yourself out there and make the first move. I have really pushed myself to do this lately. I have to realize that people may be struggling just as hard as I am and someone has to put their foot foward first.

I love that your ward started love notes. I am glad that you stayed, don't worry, you are there for a reason. You don't know now and you may never know but you are where you are supposed to be.

You are such a great example of courage and righteousness.