Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween/ October/ Scott's Birthday

I'm dreaming of the Great Pumpkin
Just like I do this time each year.
When he brings nice toys
To good girls and boys
Who wait for him to appear.

I'm dreaming of the Great Pumpkin
With every pumpkin card I write.
May your jack-o-lanterns burn bright
When the Great Pumpkin visits you tonight!

Ever since I can remember, my family has sung Pumpkin carols. My family has a little book that is shaped like a pumpkin that has these beloved carols in them. The comic strip Peanuts is the creators of this book. I find so much joy in singing them. I love Halloween; not the scary,creepy,gory, stuff but the cute costumes and good food there is to eat. I love pumpkins, cooked and uncooked. I love the candy! I love to dress up as well! Two years ago I made myself a Snow White costume and passed out apples. Usually I don't worry too much about my costume but pay more attention to what my mother will be. You see, as a kindergarten teacher you must have a stellar costume. One year she was Chicka-Chicka Boom Boom! She was Happy HULA-ween last year. This year is going to be another awesome year. Of course it is a surprise of what she will be.
The other thing I love about the month of October is that my family has two birthdays. My younger brother, Scott, celebrates his on the 5th and my dads in on Halloween. For Scott birthday we went to this really cool restaurant called "Pirate Island." The restaurant looks like a pirate ship. There is an arcade in the restaurant. My sister-in-law found out that if you were to dress up when you came to the restaurant than you would get $2 dollars of free tokens. So of course the whole family dressed up! Dad was a jail bird, mom was Chicka-Chicka Boom Boom, Ryan was Where's Waldo, Sam was a fairy/butterfly, Marley was Minnie-Mouse, I was Snow White and Scott was Super Mario. We had so much fun! If you want a fun family friendly evening with your family and you live here in Utah, check out Pirate Island!
Happy Halloween!




2 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

What awesome costumes!! Owen has been singing "Vowel bat" here at home, I don't know if it's a halloween song or a school song either way it is so cute!

All the good... said...

It is a school song but it fits in very well with the Halloween theme! I went to school yesterday and Owen was so excited to see me! I love that kid! Oh, and so was Morgan!