Monday, March 5, 2012

My Brother's Wedding

Well, it came and went so fast! I can't believe that the baby of our family is married!!! It was a beautiful day and there was so much good that went down. It was a long process, one in which I tried my best to help with! I am not going to lie, it was stressful and at times I want to run away from the craziness of it all. But then I look at all the good that was accomplished during the time leading up to the wedding and the day itself. I want to write down those special moments that made the day so good and the other culminating events!
  • At the reception, I had my cousin's little girls on my heels the whole night. I accidentally stepped on one of them at one point. I LOVE these little girls. Two of the girls belong to my cousin Brian. The older one always has a million questions to ask me. She won't stop talking and with every word my smile gets bigger. The younger girl is the most giggly thing I have ever met. She laughs more than she talks! All you have to do is look at her and her whole face laughs!
  • Seeing flower clips that I had helped make in Kirstee's, Anna's, Michele's, and Aunt Carolee's hair.
  • And let me tell you the smile that crossed my face when Kirstee walked in having done her own hair for the evening.
  • Eating slice after slice of pie with Hunter and Marley wasn't too shabby either!
  • Getting a cute free apron didn't hurt my feelings.
  • Sitting under a table and laughing with Marley was awesome!
  • Leaving early with my FAV made me feel rebellious.
  • Holding a new baby every 5 minutes was pure heaven!
  • Talking to a hundred people that I haven't seen forever was fantabulous.
  • The family that helped so generously at the luncheon and the shower.
  • Framing a picture of myself so that one day in a house somewhere, Scott and Sara can proudly display there favorite person made me laugh.
  • Baking cookies, making fruit dip, and preparing for the shower with my besties (Marie, Jeremy, Emily, Brooke, Ciara, Kirstee and Makadee) made me heart swell with joy!
  • Watching Kirstee purr, behind the couch, like a cat while there were cuddlebugs on the coach was priceless.
  • Makadee smile while helping stir cookie batter with her favorite Marie!
  • Kirstees devious grin when Brooke bought her candy when I told her she couldn't have candy!
  • Oh, the fun and laughter that came from the friend bridal shower. Especially with Marie and Sam.
  • Seeing Marie's face after Sam told her that she had punched the wrong date in all the cards for the invitations.
  • Hanging out with Michele and Heidi the night before the wedding, making flower clips for their beautiful girls!
  • Being in the temple with all of my siblings and seeing Todd's sensitive heart show through.
  • Having the BEST valentines day's date ever because Hunter was here.
  • Spending every night of the week before the wedding with Todd and Deedra. Eating Korean, celebrating Valentines day, staying up talking late with Marie and I, laughing and talking, and shedding tears as they left!
  • Watching the wedding video with the cutest niece and nephew in the whole entire world. The bouncing Marley with every picture that she thought was her father and Hunter screaming every time he saw his dad or me!
  • Yummy, yummy, yummy pie: coconut cream, chocolate, peach, and apple!
  • A set of glasses that were desperately needed for the house!
  • Stethescopes: Gavin at the luncheon and Hunter screaming into it when it was in my ears. Marie checking to see if Deedra had pneumonia, listening to Hunter's and I's lungs, and then Hunter getting upset because Marie hadn't checked out Todd!
  • Tennasyn waking up early to do my hair and makeup.
  • Getting to talk with my cousins previous to the sealing.
  • Laughing at Scott who forgot his real glasses in Texas.
  • Sleeping next to Anna Mae in the middle of the craziness.
  • Knowing that I will, without a doubt, be the next one in my family to get married.
  • Watching people walk into the sign pole that was in the middle of the room
  • Writing on chalk bubble signs for the new couple
  • Having a Florida table at the reception
I know there is probably more that I missing but for now this will do. Overall, even though it was crazy, it was wonderful and full of magic. I am ever so grateful for those that helped me make it through that weekend and the weeks before!

No comments: