Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hero

Who is your hero?  First we must know what a hero is to be able to answer this question.  I asked my cousin's little girl this weekend and she told me a hero is someone you look up to.  Someone who is a good influence on the world and someone you want to be like when you grow up.  I have never thought of myself as a hero, but have thought a lot about who my personal heros.  So has my cousin's children.  At school they were asked to write about their hero.  The older children of this family picked Henry Ford and Jim Henson, people who I would classify as a hero.  But this is what the oldest daughter wrote: My hero is my aunt Jody because she is so nice.  I lover her so much.  She takes time to do fun things with me.  Her mother said she tried to get her to choose her grandmother's or an aunt but she wouldn't have it because her favorite hero is me.  I was so touched.  Just when you feel insignificant, someone makes sure you know you are her hero!

No comments: