Sunday, February 3, 2013

Snow, Blows!

When I say snow, blows I mean that it isn't very fun!  We have had a pretty substantial winter here in Utah.  For most of January there was not blue skies to be seen just yucky grey and lots of snow.  I have been fine with it though deciding to be happy that we were getting moisture.  But last Wednesday made me rethink this happy part.  I was driving to another sub job, this time at my mom's school.  I had been on the freeway for maybe a minute when I hit a patch of black ice and slush.  It was blizzarding so I was only going about 40 miles an hour.  Once I hit the ice I spun across several lanes on the freeway.  Blessed beyond words I didn't hit anything.  I came to a stop by the edge of the road and knew I needed to move fast.  But before I could even have the thought to move, a car hit my right passenger side door.  Blessed once again, the girl that hit me wasn't hurt and neither was her car.  I was rattled but not injured.  I don't have the words to express my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for protecting us both.  My car is in the hospital but I am not.  It was scary but I know that my Savior was with me the whole time.
So even though the snow blows, it will soon all go away and spring will come!  I can't wait!

No comments: