Sunday, February 3, 2013

My favorite Christmas Present

While I was student teaching this last year, I didn't have a job.  It was just too much for me to balance.  So I have been short on money lately.  Thanks to my amazing family I am still eating and living under a solid roof.  Gas is the hardest thing to pay.  I find I am always running on close to empty before I put a few more dollars in the tank.  On Christmas Eve I had many errands to run.  I had some money but I was headed to Idaho soon after the holiday's and needed to save every bit so that if something came up on the trip I would be okay.  I was forced to go to the gas station and knew that what would happen would happen.  As I pulled in their was a whole lot of people standing around.  It was snowing so I figured they were pumping gas so you didn't have to get out of your car.  Imagine my surprise when they asked if I wanted free gas.  I started crying and finally realized that they were pumping gas and my car was still on.  Soon I was given a donut and hot chocolate while I waited for my tank to be filled.  I cannot express my gratitude to those lovely people.  That is Christmas and it is Christ's way of life.  Thank you kind strangers.  Your gift to me was my favorite!

No comments: