Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Time is Here!



We have officially started the Christmas season. I love Christmas because there are so many events going on that we get to go to with our family. One of my favorite holiday things to do is watch Christmas movies with my family. Last Sunday we watched an excellent movie called "November Christmas." It is a Hallmark Hall of Fame movie. The spirit was so strong in it. One of the big messages that I got out of it was that everyone can prayer to God. From the preacher or from the farmer, God listens to them all!
Friday was my mom's birthday. We had a lot of fun as a family going to dinner to celebrate. Yesterday we celebrated again by going to Christmas Around the World. Christmas Around the World is a dance and music performance put on by Brigham Young University. They have put on this show for the last 51 years. We have gone a few times but this year was our favorite year. We had really good seats and the show was put on very nicely.


Another thing that I thoroughly enjoy all year long is going to the library and checking out childrens books. But I really enjoy it when I check out Christmas books. The book that I would recommend for any one that reads this blog is entitled "The Man of the House at Huffington Row." Mary Brigid Barrett wrote this book. It is such a sweet and touching story. My mom and I both cried when we read it. It has the old familiar message in it about giving is better than receiving but with a cute story line. It is a must read!
All dance photos courtesy of Brigham Young University Photography

2 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

Christmas stories always warm my hart and make me shed a tear or two, even the silly ones like "Mooseltoe" I will get weepy on...I guess I'm just a baby!

The Holdaway Family said...

*heart*

I promise I know how to spell, it gets tricky with a babe on your lap!