Thursday, December 23, 2010

Texas Day 1

Scott, Hunter and I at Ft. Bliss
I am writing this post from El Paso, Texas. My family and I are here because my oldest brother Todd lives here. My brother Todd is stationed here in the Army. We were so excited to see him and his amazing wife, Deedra. Deedra is one of my best friends. I love her so much and look up to her in many ways. One way is how supportive she is of my brother. I also love that she is willing to do anything for our family. She is also a very good cook. It is also really fun to be here because we get to see my nephew Hunter. Hunter was the first person I hugged when I got home from my mission. He is my little king and I love him so much. I thought it would be fun to chronicle everyday of our trip here in Texas. So let's start with Day 1!
We arrived in Texas at 7:00 in the morning. Yes, that's right we drove all night. Dad and Scott did all the driving and we only stopped once for dinner. We were pretty tired when we got here but we still did some fun things. After Todd got off of work we went back onto the Army base. We then split, the girls went shopping and the boys played Chess. Then we went and ate lunch. Last night we played games, did more shopping, and watched movies. Deedra and I watched Christmas Hope. It was really good. (One of my favorite things about Christmas is watching movies, especially with Deedra!) It was a long but very good first day!
Hunter playing Chess with the boys

1 comment:

The Holdaway Family said...

I can't believe you drove all night! I love the giant chair and the giant chess game!