Sunday, August 21, 2011

Apricot Picking

My least favorite thing in the whole world is picking up gross apricots off the ground. We have an apricot tree in our backyard. I have hated it since I was a child. Why, you ask? Because we have to pick up the bad ones that have fallen from the tree. Some are rotting, some are so soft they squish when you pick them up, some have bugs in them, some have been stepped on, all of them are disgusting. Well, it's that time again. This year our tree was very full. I was putting it off till the last minute which makes the apricots even worse on the ground. We were able to get a ton off the tree though before they dropped. I gathered up the neighborhood kids to help me. Our neighborhood kids are AWESOME. They are so willing to help with whatever needs to be done in the neighborhood, with no pay but usually a cookie! So we went to work. We covered a lot of ground in about an hour and a half. We picked a huge box of apricots and picked up all the nasty ones on the ground.




No comments: