Sunday, August 21, 2011

Nashville Tribute Band

The band sang Acapella for the first song

On my mission I was introduced to the Nashville Tribute Band. This band is comprised of multiple people and they are an LDS group. There first C.D is entitled "Joseph: A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet Joseph Smith." I love this c.d. Every song is tied to a memory from my mission. I cry during most of the songs. I have gained a greater testimony of the prophet through this music. It is simply beautiful. There next C.D is entitled "Trek: A Nashville Tribute to the Pioneers." I love this c.d as well. I feel like dancing to it. It has given me a greater understanding of what the pioneers did for us.
On my mission we use to always say that they should do a tribute to the missionaries. Well, they did. A Bishop from one of my area's knows the band really well. He said he would take our picture and that we could be in the pamphlet of the c.d. We didn't know when the c.d would come out but I couldn't wait to see if my picture was really in it.
A couple of weeks ago I saw an ad for the release of their new c.d. The band would be doing their release concert on August 4th. I bought tickets as soon as I could and invited Deedra to come along with me. Deedra had never been to a concert before and was pretty excited. The concert was the most amazing concert I have ever been too! I loved everything about it, even when we got rained on. Their new c.d is entitled "The Work: A Nashville Tribute to the Missionaries." I love the new c.d even though I am not in the cover of the album. My favorite part of the night was when they sang one of their new songs with a missionary choir behind them. It was beautiful and I cried through all of it! The choir sang Called To Serve after the song. I couldn't sing because the spirit was so strong. Deedra loved it as well. I am so glad that I went with her. It was so much fun to be together. We got to meet the band afterwards. I had a very bonding moment with the lead singer of the band. He has a great spirit about it. We cannot wait to go to the next concert! If you want more info on this great band for your family to listen to, visit their website. I can't remember it so just google the band name.
These two little girls sang a duet. The oldest one started the concert with "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission." It brought tears to my eyes. Their dad is a member of the band

Deedra and I after the rain. We weren't too wet.

Jason Deere is the lead singer of the band. He is awesome!

Deedra and I with our yummy ice cream bars

Billy Dean (who isn't a member yet) sings a song on their new c.d

The missionary choir that sang with the band

No comments: