Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Day 3

Today I am thankful for the mentors that are helping me in my program. First of all I have support from BYU. She is an awesome lady and has helped me learn so much about being a great teacher. Not only has she said it in word but she has also taught me by example. She was my older brother's teacher when he was in 5th grade! Then their is my liaison between BYU and my school. She is always positive and upbeat. She is the one that observes me. At first I was so scared to be observed, but she has made me feel so comfortable. Then there is my facilitator at the school in which I am teaching. She is also coming up with great ideas to help me learn and grow. She has awesome suggestions! As if this wasn't enough support, I have a mentor teacher who is helping me as well. It is her classroom that I am in six hours a day. She is the perfect person for me to work with. I don't know who paired us up but it was a perfect match. She is great for me. She always lets me do whatever. She is great at giving me ideas. She is always thinking about me and how she can make my experience better! I love her.
All in all, it has been stressful but having all this support makes it great. I feel that I am learning a lot. I also feel that I will be a great teacher one day, even if I make mistakes.

No comments: