Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful Day 4


Today I am thankful for Sally the Service Snake. Who is Sally you ask? Sally is a snake that is left at the scene of good deeds. A couple weeks ago, Marie and I took my cousins little girls out for ice-cream and a Wal-Mart run. When we went to pick them up, Makadee was playing with Sally. She had gotten Sally from her primary teacher who had made it for her primary children to remember to serve others. Kirstee and Makadee decided to give Sally to Marie with a Halloween Bag of Candy. They were both so excited.
Well, Sally will eventually make it back to Makadee, but for now Sally is living with us. Last night was a pretty bad night. I was really sick and knew that I had a long day ahead of me. I was sound asleep when I was suddenly awoken. My roommates were being a little bit louder than they probably thought they were being. After being woken, I couldn't get back to sleep. I was sick and just couldn't close my eyes. And then my alarm went off. I knew I had to get up and so I did. When I got to my school, my teacher said I looked unwell and should probably go home. I stayed for half a day and then went to my parents to sleep. It was lovely to get some rest. I came home and my bed was made and my night stand was cleaned. I knew it had to be Marie that did it. I lay on my bed to do homework and found that something was in my pillow. Can you guess what it was? You're right! It was Sally the Service Snake. I was so touched and cried. It made me smile for the first time today. And it continues to make me smile. Thanks Sally! (And Makadee and Marie)

No comments: