Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful Day 1

I wanted to do the same thing I did last year and say something I was thankful for everyday of the month. This will be a definite challenge this year because I am swamped right now with being a full time student, a full time teacher, working part time, and living 30 minutes away from it all! But I want to count my blessings; I know it will help to relieve some stress!
The first thing I am thankful for is the gospel. The other night I was sick about having to start teaching full time in a second grade classroom. I hadn't been sleeping well because of the stress and thought of having to manage it all. I woke up in the middle of the night and starting reading an old journal of mine. I read about a time when I received a priesthood blessing. In the blessing it said that I should go forth with confidence knowing that I was in the hands of the Lord. What comfort this small sentence gave me! I have been doing well in my classroom. I had my first observation today and yes, there is a lot to improve on. But the people that observed me were so nice. They said such nice things. They aren't as scary as I thought. I am grateful for the Lord and for His words of comfort and peace!

No comments: